Author Topic: Flop raise on mono board (BB vs SB)  (Read 98 times)

risky_joe

• w34z3l's Student
  • Random Donk
Flop raise on mono board (BB vs SB)
« on: May 16, 2018, 08:21:26 PM »
Hi w34z3l forum!

Hand link below:

https://www.weaktight.com/h/5afc80f4d39043ad768b45fa

What should my raise flop range be here?

To get approx 9% raise I'm using 18 bluffs (12 NFDs without pairs and 2ndNFDs without pairs) plus 10 value combos (J high flushes or better). I tried to drop the pic of this range here, but could only put it as an attachment. Is this range OK?

(Strange line but a reg villain - 16/12 and a 3b of 6)

Any help really appreciated,

Cheers

w34z3l

• Coach
  • Professional
Re: Flop raise on mono board (BB vs SB)
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 09:21:24 PM »
I would be somewhat careful about attempting to balance out the combos as you did. It might appear as if it's a balanced approach, but in reality it isn't, because it doesn't factor in that the bluffs have a huge amount of equity. (This allows us to bluff more aggressively).

But rather than trying to get a solid grip of the mechanics behind buff to value ratios, it's better to simply take a practical/exploitative approach to playing in this spot.

I would mostly entirely abandon the concept of bluff:value ratios in a low limit player pool. I'd typically raise some flushes along with some Kx or even Tx hands for protection. I might mix some NFD's into the raising range, but I'd also flat a decent amount of them along with most gutshots and oesd's. Remember that draws in general benefit a lot from positional advantage here (even on the monotone texture).